When Heart factors are missing
So what are heart factors and what does it look like when they are missing?
When heart factors are missing:
- Forward leadership preferred style. Low levels of involvement or input from the team or wider organisation
- Over reliance on data analysis/logic, less attention paid to why it matters to people at an emotional level, appreciation of the impact on them, behaviours required to deliver results
- Greater emphasis placed for those in leadership positions on technical expertise, knowledge, intellect, pedigree vs. ability to connect to and motivate people
- Tendency to avoid emotionally charged conversations or interactions with “emotional” people
- Poor understanding of what the organisation or leadership team stands for
- Disconnect between values that are claimed vs. those that are lived
- Behaviours or mindsets that block performance start to show up and are not seen, aired or go unaddressed (doubt, insecurity, fear, obligation, blame, resentment, inertia, contempt, stonewalling, defensiveness)
Impact = low levels of trust, engagement, momentum and results
© 2019 Head & Heart Leadership Ltd. All rights reserved.
Registered as a limited company in England & Wales No.08355590
Web Design by °Crisp Design