When Head factors are missing
So what are head factors and what does it look like when they are missing?
- Goals and metrics
- Value models
- Analytical thinking
When head factors are missing:
- Over reliance on group consultation, incorporation of all views, leading to strategy with conflicts and misalignment between functions and sense of trying to do it all.
- Inability to align and decide through use of effective facilitation of decision-making
- Fear of confrontation (each other, or the truth as it is) leaving big questions concerns or challenges unsaid
- Lack of rigour in seeking and analyzing data, over use of judgment based on perceptions leading to organisation not focused on greatest opportunities and threats
- Lack of simplicity and structure in strategic focus, leading to wider business not getting or able to recall the big picture
- Focus on engagement at the expense of making the tough calls, lack of pace or stomach for change which could impact people and engagement
- Where poor performance or behaviours are seen to be tolerated, particularly where friendships and loyalties are felt to be at stake
Impact = low levels of clarity, organisation focused on the wrong things, lack of pace, poor results
© 2020 Head & Heart Leadership Ltd. All rights reserved.
Registered as a limited company in England & Wales No.08355590
Web Design by °Crisp Design